It’s the worst when your shower drain is clogged, especially when you need to take a shower. Here are a few ways you can fix it:
- Baking soda and vinegar: Mix 1/3 cup of baking soda with a 1/3 cup of white vinegar and watch it fizz up like shaken up soda. Quickly pour it down the shower drain. Allow it sit for a minimum of an hour, then flush it down with hot water.
- Boiling water: Pour boiling water in 2 to 3 sets down your shower drain, but wait a few seconds in between each pour.
- Dish detergent and boiling water: Pour a ¼ cup of dish detergent down your shower drain. This will lubricate the drain and help to break up any greasy residue. After you’ve lubricate the drain with detergent, pour the boiling water down and use your snake drain.
- Rubber Gloves and zip ties: After removing the shower drain cover with a screwdriver, use a pair of rubber gloves to get any initial residue out with your fingers. Then, cut tiny notches into a plastic zip tie. Put the zip tie in the drain and flick to catch excess hair clogs.
- Call the pros: If your shower clog is more than you can manage, call in professional help. Westside Plumbing will have your shower ready to go in no time.
If need assistance with shower drainage in Fort Worth, TX , then call Westside Plumbing at (817) 560-4144.